วันจันทร์ที่ 26 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony ICDP620 Digital Recorder Compatible No support for Windows 7 64bit


Sony ICDP620 Digital Voice Recorder PC Compatible via USB
  • Powered by two AAA batteries (included)
  • Digital recorder with 512 MB built-in flash memory and USB connectivity.
  • Four message folders (up to 396 messages)
  • Supports up to 260 hours of recording time
  • Large LCD; day and time stamp
  • No support for Windows 7 64bit This dictaphone is brilliant apart from the annoying fact that it hasn't any support for Windows 7 64bit. Which in my case makes it useless.
    Love it Can't Use it Sony doesn't provide 64bit support. The recorder is now useless to me. Will go with another company that cares about its customers.
    Not Mac compatible Unbelievable that the ICDP620 Digital Voice Recorder does not have a USB mass device driver that would allow a Mac to download the recording files from it. It has been 4 years since its initial release and still Sony's software driver writers have not done something about this.
    Design and Usability Issues I've owned the Sony ICDP620 for more than two years. I use it about once a month. Overall I give the Sony voice recorder ICDP620 two stars instead of one because I suspect the design engineer conceived of it for primary use in personal 11 scenarios. So some of my criticisms may be of no interest to you if all you need is a voice recorder to record a conversation between individuals who are in close proximity to each other like around a table. Except see THE OUTIE PLAY BUTTON.The pros the Sony voice recorder ICDP620 is compact records reasonably well and offers long battery life. This is true despite the factand this initially confused me to no endit does not have an on/off switch. You cannot switch the LED screen off. Ooops I'm getting ahead of myself. This is the pros section. I mostly use the Sony voice recorder ICDP620 in public venues and not 11 with another person. It records well in most environments like ball rooms as long as there's a decent sound source without too much bounceback from secondary sources like multiple audio sources or nearby hard surfaces. If there's background noise the audibility of the recording suffers. But this is not the device's fault of course.The cons poor design and usability make the Sony voice recorder ICDP620 a challenge to use and sometimes downright irritating.THE OUTIE PLAY BUTTON The Sony voice recorder ICDP620's play button is an outie or convex to sticks out from the surface of the device more than any other physical feature. There have been numerous instances when I've stuck the device in my pocket and a few minutes later wonder where all the noise is coming from only to realize it's coming from my pocket. This can be pretty embarrassing if I'm sitting in a meeting or listening to a speaker I'm not currently recording.
    Suerb I read a lot and need a dictafone to collect all my thoughts. As an economics researcher I need a dictafone to record my random thoughts and ideas. This recorder has great capacity and the software that comes up with helps me work on teh audio files very well.
    Battery Burner I have a unit that I have used for almost a year and I find that I need to replace the batteries high quality alkaline after about every 6 hours of use which I believe is too frequently especially since it will 60 hours of recording on HQ setting. It definitely should have a jack for an AC adapter. Recording quality is OK editing features are marginal and user interface both the unit and editing software is not intuitive.
    No support for 64 bit Windows versions Sony does not provide drivers to interface this device to Windows 7 and Vista 64 bit versions. Once I got rid of my old XP based computer I have no way to access my recordings with my new computer. This is a puzzling limitation since all my other USB devices camera memory sticks backup disk drives work fine with my Windows 7. Very disappointed with Sony's lack of support reminiscent of what happens when you buy a cheap nobrandname accessory.
    Better for Longer Recordings The pros It's small smooth light handy fits easily in your pocket has a long battery life and does the job of recording voice and reproducing sound adequately. You can record voices and other sounds from a distance. It's reasonably sensitive but not so sensitive it gets undermined by the sound of friction from inside a breast pocket or by the sound of road noise while driving in your car. That saidThe cons It's not great for doing what I do namely driving in my car and dictating. The control buttons are clunky and the off/hold switch located on the side requires that you remember which way is off/hold. I know that sounds picayune and stupid i.e. I should simply remember which is off. But when you don't use it all that much and the display is black LCD and you're dyslexic like me remembering which way is off/hold is a pain. I've also had it turn on several times in my pants pocket. You shove it in there and the switch gets pushed. Next thing you know you have 2 hours of recorded pants noises. Try it for yourself for a week and you'll see what I mean.Also I haven't figured out how to upload my notes to the computer. I'm a pretty savvy computer guy but I get annoyed when I can't plug and play with ease. In this case I don't have the inclination or the desire to frig around uploading my notes from this machine.Bottom line If all you want to do is record lectures and such it's OK. It's unobtrusive and as long as you hit the record button and let it run for an hour or more I think you'll be happy. It's only when you're doing a lot of stops and starts and pauses etc. that you might find it clunky and userunfriendly.Meanwhile If you want more from a recorder one that can record more than just voices and you can accept a larger package and about three times the cost take a look at the Tascam DR07.
    Dreadful software support Using the unit standalone is fine once you spend half an hour getting used to it. The amount of handling noise the mic picks up does seem excessive but otherwise sound quality is fine.But the software support is beyond dreadful. Sony really ought to have just made this a generic massstorage device but no apparently that wouldn't be annoying enough. No problem install the drivers you say.Nope. To say that this was introduced to the market while Vista was out the lack of a 64bit driver is ridiculous. The PC link is a significant part of the device's value and the fact that Sony isn't supporting 64bit versions of Windows is mindblowing never mind the situation for Mac owners which is even worse as there is no support whatsoever for that OS.
    Design issue Two problems with this deviceThe record button is inside the play button with the result that it is very easy to press them both at the same time and the recoding shuts off. It took me two years of annoying shutoffs to figure this out. The setup makes using the thumb on the rec button almost obligatory but the button is too small and indented to press with a thumb without also pressing play.Second problem the mike even when set for low sensivity for close recording picks up every leaf blower power tool crow call and freeway. Don't get it to use on walks.


    Powered by two AAA batteries (included).Digital recorder with 512 MB built-in flash memory and USB connectivity..Four message folders (up to 396 messages).Supports up to 260 hours of recording time.Large LCD; day and time stamp. What's in the Box Digital voice recorder, digital voice editor software, two AAA batteries, and USB cable. With 512 MB of built-in memory, the Sony ICDP620 Digital Voice Recorder captures up to 260 hours of audio. An ideal device to record class lectures, business meetings, interviews, and even your own memos, the ICDP620 features simple function buttons on the front for easy operation. Features include selectable microphone sensitivity for adjusting the recording levels to your specific needs, three recording modes (LP, SP, and HQ) and four message folders for organizing your messages (up to 396 separate messages). Also included is a voice activated recording (VOR) mode for added recording convenience, and a large, easy-to-ready LCD screen to keep tabs on the number of messages recorded, recording length, date, time, and battery life. The VOR stops the recording during silent pauses then begins recording again without missing a single syllable thanks to the built-in digital buffer. Other features include a 150mW speaker for clear listening of your recorded files and a date and time stamp that lets you see what day and time you recorded a message.

    Powered by two AAA batteries (included), this voice recorder is USB compatible for downloading recorded audio to PCs running Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, XP Home, XP Professional, Vista Home Basic, Vista Home Premium, and Vista Business Ultimate operating systems.


    Related Products

    • Sony ICD-BX800 2 GB Flash Memory Digital Voice Recorder (Silver) Nice for entry level voice recorder I know I have to do this justice because I've been looking for a decent review of this product for the last hour. This is my first digital audio recorder and it's pretty amazing this simple gadget has so many functions.I like the ...Read the full

    • Olympus ME-15 Microphone Good for lectures
      onmouseover= ...Read the full

      ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น