วันจันทร์ที่ 19 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Sony ICD SX57 Digital Recorder Built Lots of functionality in a small package - Good but not perfect


Sony ICD-SX57 Digital Voice Recorder with 256 MB Built-in Flash Memory and USB
  • Slim, light aluminum body for easy portability; backlit dot matrix LCD screen
  • PC-compatible via high-speed USB connectivity; holds up to 95 hours of recording
  • High-speed USB 2.0-compatible for quick transfer of files
  • Digital voice recorder with comprehensive recording capabilities in any situation
  • High Performance Triple Microphone Design
  • Lots of functionality in a small package Good but not perfect Pluses Long recording time Three mic's mean decent stereo capture or directional pickup You can use rechargable batteries and charge them while they're in the recorder for example when you connect the recorder to a PC to transfer files. Decent app for transferring files. Helpful for transcriptions you can control playback while you are entering text. Solid constructionMinuses Perhaps too many controls and functions for this type of recorder Requires dedicated app to transfer audio to a PC and convert it to a usable formatObservationsThis is a good recorder for recording lectures or meetings anything where your primary concern is the audio content. It's not so good for music interviews podcasts or anything where you want to preserve the quality of the audio.That said and as is often said about cameras the best one is the one you will have with you. This is a recorder that can easily fill that bill.
    What an amazing workhorse! From time to time as I'm going about my day I realize how technology has helped me the last few yearsand thank my lucky stars! I am writing here to say thanks to Sony for making my life and my students' lives easier and better with this recorder.I have had the recorder for a couple years now and rely on it constantly. I am a musician music teacher Music Director for a church and have worked the last three years as emergency Speech Therapist for Special Ed students. I use the recorder to record speech sessions informal interviews with students song ideas spoken ideas I transcribe very easily to text using Dragon Naturally Speaking which helps because it is hard for me to write band practice songs I hear and like on the radio.andetc. etc.The sound quality absolutely amazes meI can put it anywhere in a room with live drums electric guitars and vocals and have the recording come out better than with any other recorder I've tried. except for high end music recording gear of course The limiter function and the stereo mics both of which must have been designed with musicians in mind really help. On the other end of the spectrumif I want to record a speaker at church or seminar or very soft spoken or shy students I can just turn it on leave it in my shirt pocket and pick it all up.Virtually anything I hear during my day I can record and later dump onto my PC in seconds save it convert the file format if I want to burn it onto a CD or make an Mp3 file for my iPod. It interfaces SO easily with a PC. I also use it to play backing tracks for my church choir just running a cord from the headphone jack into an amp. It is so easy to use many of my Special Ed students know how to use it to conduct their own interviews.
    ICDSX57 DVR This Sony DVR is just what I needed TO record MY guitar lesson live.I just clicked on the record button placed it on my teachers music stand in front of us and shut it off 35 minutes later. When I got home I hooked it up to my computer speakers and was awed by how great the recording was.I also made a CD copy to practice with. I want to take it to a play or consert and see if its as good.
    Five star recorder I want to recommend the Sony ICDSX57 to anyone who needs a small high quality voice recorder. The recording ability is excellent size and shape are perfect and High Quality Stereo recording time is four hours. There is one issue to be aware of. The unit comes with nonrechargable batteries but is set to CHARGE batteries when connected to USB as a default setting. This will probably cause the batteries to melt and ruin the unit as another reviewer discovered. Navigate the menu and change the USB to NOT CHARGE if you are using nonrechargable batteries before connecting to a USB port. As a voice recorder the Sony ICDSX57 far exceeded my expatations.
    Sony ICDSX57 digital recorder I love this recorder. I use it in conjunction with my dragon NaturallySpeaking and it seems to work very well.The product was actually delivered quicker than I expected.
    Soney ICDSX57 Digital Voice Recorder MINUS Dragon Software The recorder works well although noise is a little bit of a problem.The main draw back is that it came without the Dragon software!This was misleading in the advertizement and product discription.On the product package itself it claims compatability with the Dragon software but says its not included and doesn't indicate which version of software it is compatible with.When serveying to buy this product I was mislead trying to compare products and prices. Some included the Dragon S/W and the other ones that did not include the S/W generally did NOT indicate it so I was misled for price comparisons.
    Love itexcept for the exploding batteries I've been searching forever for an easytouse reliable digital voice recorder to record sermons and other events for our church to podcast. Finally picked up one of these this week and was thrilled with its easy operation and terrific recording quality in a few short tests. Today it also came through its first fulllength sermon recording with flying colors. Looked like a total winner.Then I came home connected it to the computer downloaded and edited the file and left it connected for a couple of hours while I did some other work at my desk. After a while I heard an odd fizzing sound. By the time I looked over to see what was making it the sound had disappeared. Happened two more times. Finally I touched the recorder to move it out of the way to get something else and discovered it was blazing hot. I immediately yanked it off the USB cable and moved it off the papers it had been sitting on. Then I noticed a bluishgreen drop of goo where the device had been sitting. After letting it cool for about 10 minutes during which it actually stayed amazingly hot I was able to touch it with bare fingers and I pulled out the batteries. They were very gooey and the paint on the labels had liquified.Not a good sign for a brand new device. And yes I was using the Sony batteries that came packaged with the recorder so there's no chance I used the wrong kind.I'd love to give this thing five stars for the recording quality size ease of use user interface and all those very good things. But it definitely gets a 0 for safety can't imagine what might have happened if I hadn't been sitting there when it started to sizzle and that's got to trump all else can't burn down the house or church for the sake of a nice crisp recording.Addendum The recorder comes with two nonrechargeable Sony AAA batteries. The instruction book warns you to make sure the batteries are installed before connecting it to the computer with the USB cable. But using the supplied nonrechargeable batteries while the device is connected causes the batteries to explode. It has actually happened twice to me now I tried it again a week after the incident described above and the same thing happenedin less than 20 minutes.
    Wont work with my Mac I should have known. I read a lot or reviews and this seemed to be the product for me. The description says it supports wav and mp3 formats. Problem is you have to run the software on a PC to get that to happen. The msv file format is not compatible with a Mac. Looks like this is going back.
    Sony ICDSX57 I like this recorder a lot and use it constantly.I think it could be improved if it were just a bit bigger in size so that the buttons could be spaced further apart but you do get used to it as it is and it is fine.The soft travel case is not so good. After a few weeks of use it falls off and becomes inconvenient. Also there is a place for a hand strap on the recorder but it does not come with one.Interfacing with Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred software is another story. The recorder is OK interfacing with the software is a bit challenging.
    OK but just OK I am a journalist and use the device for recording interviews. The weakness of this device is the Sony proprietary file format.If they would only record in MP3 format you could download file and play from your computer. Instead I back up on the computer erase and if later I want to refer back I have to reinstall onto the device to play. It sucks what were they thinking.


    Slim, light aluminum body for easy portability; backlit dot matrix LCD screen.PC-compatible via high-speed USB connectivity; holds up to 95 hours of recording.High-speed USB 2.0-compatible for quick transfer of files.Digital voice recorder with comprehensive recording capabilities in any situation.High Performance Triple Microphone Design. Sony is aiming to make it easier to remember all of those little details with a new line of digital voice recorders designed for, consumers, professionals, and academics. At only one-half inch thick, the Sony ICD-SX57 boasts a slim, light aluminum body, making it easy to take with you to the office or on the road--and the record and pause controls are located on the side of the unit for easy operation. It also has 256MB3 of Flash Memory5 available on the integrated circuit chip which may be recorded over and used again. 1. Not all products with USB 2.0 connectors may communicate with each other due to chipset variations. 2. Approximate recording times. Battery life will vary based upon usage conditions. 3. User available memory=128,494,080 bytes (preliminary), a portion of which is used for data management functions. 4. Actual user available memory is approximate. A portion is used for data management. Some key features of the ICD-SX57 include: PC Compatible via USB (Cable Included): Easily transfer audio files to a computer for processing and archiving. 256MB3 Built-in Flash Memory: Available on the integrated circuit chip which may be recorded over and used again. Up to 95 Hours Recording Time (LP Mode)4: LP mode gives you plenty of time to record everything you need. Stereo High Quality (STHQ) Recording Mode: Offers longer recording time while maintaining 2-channel recording for improved sound quality. MP3 File Conversion and Playback4: Playback unsecured MP3 files by dragging and dropping files right into the MP3 folder on the device. Precorded sound can also be converted to MP3 or WAV file formats with the included Digital Voice Editor 3.0 software. Adjustable Recording Level Indicator: You can listen to the recording level by using headphones while the unit is recording and adjust accordingly. Backlit Dot-matrix LCD Display: Shows the number of messages recorded, recording length, date, time and battery power remaining. High Speed USB 2.0 Compatible: Quickly and easily transfer your voice files to a PC.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น