วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 15 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Olympus WS 100 Digital Recorder Interface Not for the long term


Olympus WS-100 64 MB Digital Voice Recorder with USB Interface
  • USB Direct design plugs directly into PC or Mac's USB port; 3 recording modes (HQ, SP, and LP)
  • Compact, high-quality digital voice recorder with 64 MB internal flash memory
  • Records up to 27 hours of WMA audio; also stores non-voice files such as documents and images
  • 5 separate file folders with 199 files each; voice activation mode enables hands-free recording
  • Runs for roughly 13 hours on 1 AAA battery; 1.57 x 3.7 x 0.59 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty
  • Great value I've had my WS100 recorder since about 2006. When I purchased it I paid around $90 for it. A great value considering I still use it today February 2012. It's durable and records voice seminars and individual speakers very well. I use it on the SP mode and get a little over 8 hours of record time at a decent quality for burning onto CD later. I change the mic sensitivity from Low to High depending on the venue that I'm recording. If you need a good pick up recorder I would highly recommend it.
    Great for Grad school I used this for my graduate classes. It was an incredible help. My professor would talk a mile a minute and I could barely take down all the notes. He would throw in test questions from the notes from class that were often not able to be found in our text books. While at the gym I'd pop in the headphone and relisten to a lecture. Worked great. I also downloaded lectures onto my computer in itunes with the built in USB port. Then I could transfer it to my ipod connect it to my port in my car and listen to it on my 30 min drive to school or road trips. This little device is the reason why I made the Dean's list 2 years in a row. Seriously.
    excellent Used this at a wedding for backup sound for video. It worked very well. My assistant learned how to work it on the drive to the wedding pressed record and put it on the groom. It was simple.
    very disappointing This digital recorder proved to be a complete waist of money. It has a constant background noise even when recording is in a completely silent environment. It is hard to operate while recording stop and play buttons are on the side while other buttons are on the face so I have to move it all the time and while recording I have to be careful not to block the mic.
    Wow! I love this DVR. This DVR is so much better than the handheld cassette tape recorder I've been using for my chorus rehearsals. Love that I can download it so easily to my computer. The buttons are easy to find & use. Some friends have Sony's & they complain that the on/off button gets switched just having it in their pocket or purse. This was the second time I've ordered anything on Amazon & had a good experience both times.
    Great digital recorder I work professionally as an actor and use this recorder quite religiously for rehearsals and various note taking. I've also used this for lectures in college. I love the USB feature built right in to this thing. The quality is quite good and picks up a lot of noise even from a relatively far distance. The beeping can be distracting in quiet environments and I wish the cataloging feature when plugged into a computer was a little more user friendly but this device certainly does its job and I've been very satisfied with the quality of my recordings in my 4 years of use so far.
    Not for the long term Bought this model back in 2008 and it did the job for about a year. Then the recording and playback quality eroded. Packed it away until recently. Rechecked and the recording and playback quality is so poor I'm researching various replacements. SO unlike many Olympus models that just quit working according to the Amazon reviews mine just deteriorated over the course of a year. Usage time was approximately 30 hours. Cannot recommend Olympus lower end digital recorders.
    PERFECT!! very easy to use! i havent had one problem with it! I've used it for about 3 hours of recoding so far and the batteries are still working well! It was easy to upload onto a PC it doesnt work on Mac and i can hear about 99.9% of every word that my teacher when lecturing says. I looked all over the internet and this was the cheapest one with the features I wanted and im not dissapointed. It has a lot of features I will never use but they dont get in the way when i'm trying to record.
    Works Great I can't believe the new price on this recorder. I had a new one but can't find it so I ordered a used one here. The price was right and the seller quicky delivered a unit in new condition.After perusing the manual the controls are intuative and the recorder is very easy to use. Sound quality is good considering the size of the speaker and it easily fits in a pocket or purse.The best things about this recorder are that it only uses one AAA battery it has an on/off switch and it plugs directly into the USB port of your computer without any special wires or cables. The recorder creates WMA files which will play back easily on a PC with no special software.
    Very nice little unit I bought my first WS100 three or four years ago and my second yesterday as a back up. I haven't regretted it for a second! I'm a member of a paranormal investigation team I use mine during audio sessions trying to capture EVP. At least for what I use it for the unit has been great! The AAA battery can be changed out in about five seconds so there is no significant interuption when the battery dies out. I've looked at the WS500 and since it takes an odd battery size and needs to be charged on a computer or wall outlet I backed off of buying one. The built in USB port in one of the best points. If the cable is not handy no problem! The download is quick and easy. I've also used it as a flash drive a few times and it will work on most computers. Also you don't have to download specific software to be able to use it. The files are easy to organize. On it's most sensitive setting you can get about six to eight hours or so of recording time out of it before you have to download. Also on the plus side the unit is somewhat user friendly and easy to use once you've played with it a time or two. That's important when you're in the dark and don't want to fumble around with it too much. There are couple of minor down sides. The reviews that beat it up for the built in speaker are accurate. It is pretty bad. It's fine if you download it onto a computer but listening with the unit is not a lot of fun. Also the battery cover for mine will sometimes pop open so I have to make sure the battery doesn't fall out.


    USB Direct design plugs directly into PC or Mac's USB port; 3 recording modes (HQ, SP, and LP).Compact, high-quality digital voice recorder with 64 MB internal flash memory.Records up to 27 hours of WMA audio; also stores non-voice files such as documents and images.5 separate file folders with 199 files each; voice activation mode enables hands-free recording.Runs for roughly 13 hours on 1 AAA battery; 1.57 x 3.7 x 0.59 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty. The WS-100 runs for approximately 13 hours on a single AAA battery and weighs a mere 1.9 ounces. It's also backed by a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Perhaps the most convenient feature, however, is the built-in USB connector. To transfer information to or from the WS-100 from a PC or Mac, all you need to do is remove one end of the recorder's body, which reveals a male USB plug. This USB Direct design eliminates the need for a USB cable (the male plug connects directly to your computer), making the device even more portable. Once connected, it's easy to download images, documents, and other files. Slim, attractive, and highly functional, the Olympus WS-100 digital voice recorder packs 64 MB of internal flash memory into its lightweight housing, letting you record up to 27 hours of audio in WMA format. It's ideal for recording notes or long lectures, interviewing sources for an upcoming article, or capturing spur-of-the-moment song ideas before they disappear into the recesses of your memory. As an added bonus, the recorder also serves as an all-purpose USB mass storage device, meaning it can store documents and images along with audio. Simply plug it into a digital camera through its USB interface and you can transfer several dozen images (depending on their size) to the flash memory, freeing up space in your camera's memory card. Then, when you return home, you can plug the recorder into a PC and switch the images to your hard drive. All this in a tiny body that measures 1.57 inches wide by 3.7 inches tall--roughly the size of a pack of gum.

    File organization is straightforward and intuitive. The WS-100 boasts five separate folders capable of holding 199 files each, so you can organize nearly 1,000 files by subject, theme, or other categories. Users also have the choice of three recording modes: HQ, which minimizes background noise and is great for capturing people with low speaking voices (it offers 4 hours and 20 minutes of recording time); SP mode, which still sounds good but isn't quite as crisp (ensures 8 hours and 40 minutes of time); and LP mode, which is designed to maximize recording (27 hours and 20 minutes).


    Related Products

    • Remanufactured Olympus WS-100 64 MB Digital Voice Recorder with USB Interface Professional Singer Couldn't Be Happier! I'm a professional Opera singer and music teacher and have been delaying buying a digital recorder for some time because of my hesitancy to shell out the major cash for most recorders. I settled on ...Read the full

    • Olympus TP-7 Telephone pick up works almost flawlessly i needed to record a cell phone conversation and this was the absolute cheapest way to do it. the earpiece has a microphone on the opposite side that records what is being said by whomever you're talking to plus your ...Read the full

    • Olympus ME-15 Microphone Good for lectures
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Olympus ME-52W Noise Canceling Microphone An outstanding compact microphone My first reaction to this microphone was astonishment at is its small size. It's larger than most lapel microphones but that's because of the physical requirements for noisecancellation. Still it's very ...Read the full

    • Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Preferred - Medium Box Works Perfectly For Me The only reason I'm reviewing this upgraded version of Dragon is because of all the negative reviews I have read. To be perfectly honest I was hesitant to install the software because of all the problems I was reading about in the past 10 ...Read the full

    • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น