วันเสาร์ที่ 17 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Olympus WS 510M Digital Recorder Player Does its job very well


Olympus WS-510M 4GB Digital Voice Recorder and WMA/MP3 Music Player
  • With 4GB of internal memory and 1,088 hours of recording time, you’ll be able to capture notes, lectures, and more – and still have room to store documents.
  • Extend recording time and save memory by setting the device to only record when the microphones sense sound.
  • With the "USB Direct" design, it is easy to transfer your files to your PC. Just plug the recorder right into your computer for fast file transfer – no cables needed.
  • Store and listen to up to 1,000 songs on the go. Have your music readily available wherever and whenever you are.
  • Experience long battery life with the included rechargeable battery. When the recorder is plugged into the computer, it will recharge your battery.
  • Go for it This product works just fine for anyone in need of voice recording. The MIC is quite sensitive and it may detect sounds several meters away. Easy to get acquainted with. it was a nice surprise to discover it comes with its own softcase and also it records in stereo. If you want to record in 128 kbps 0r 256kbps MP3 format you have to download the firmware online and install it something really easy to do. You may use it as an external 4GB device and stuff it with all kinds of files. The screen has background lighning and the menu really easy to use. Buttoms are small so keep in mind you may need to clip your nails to press the right ones. I say go for it.
    I'm back for a couple more of them I've got a collection of old voice recorders that is almost a bit depressing at least 10 old Samsung Panasonic Olympus noname brand Sony etc.When I read about Olympus' current financial troubles their stock has even been delisted because of a decade's worth of a accounting fraud I immediately panicked and came here to order a couple of spares just in case.The 510M is excellent just like every other Olympus voice recorder I've owned. Simple logical interface and the audio quality is simply perfect. Battery life is good even with NiMH rechargeable batteries. It can recharge the battery through the USB connector so if you're traveling light you don't need to bring a separate charger. Unlike some others I'm looking at you Panasonic and Sony it doesn't take some horrendously crappy proprietary software to get the files off it. Just plug it into the USB and it shows up as an ordinary drive for you to copy files to/from.For my purposes the only voice recorder that is better than this one is the old Olympus WS200S. The differences being that the WS200 has the record/stop/play buttons on the side with plastic ridges between them to prevent accidental button presses from starting/stopping the recording and it also has a hinged battery lid. The WS510M has all the controls on the front and if you keep it in a shirt pocket it's possible not too frequently but it does happen to accidentally shut off recording or start playback of recordings.I use my voice recorders for taking software design notes when I'm commuting to the office in my car and also for annotating video still photo and GPS markers when I'm out riding my motorcycles. I just turn it on and put it in my shirt pocket. Whenever I stop for a photo or set a GPS marker I just talk into my jacket which makes people think I'm even weirder than I actually am and describe where the photo is taken or why I've set the GPS marker.That's why the removable battery cover vs. the hinged battery cover matters to me. When fumbling to change batteries while wearing gloves it's possible to lose a removable cover while with the hinged cover you might lose an easily replaceable battery but all the bits needed to keep dust and water out of the battery compartment are still present.In the car the audio quality is once again perfect. I had some horrendously noisy tires on my car for a while and you could hear the noise in the recording but my voice was so crystal clear that it didn't interfere at all with transcription.
    Olympus WS510M 4 GB Digital Recorder This is an awesome digital recorder. Great functionality. The additional microphone inputs make this product amazing and it picks up everything even from a long distance. Great quality and easy to use. One of the best products I have ever purchased. You will not be disappointed.
    beware the fine print This recorder does an adequate job recording tho sound quality only mediocre. You must use computer to recharge a real drag or take spare batteries. Real pain is that it does NOT record mp3 or wav only wma so you have to port it over to that format which is time consuming. Will play mp3 but you put those files in another location from native recordings and have to switch between operational modes. Slow down/speed up features nice but drawbacks mean I'm ordering another device.UPDATE unit died in under 3 months. 3rd party seller would not take back. Piece of junk WASTE OF $.
    Amazing voice quality This is a great product which I purchased refurbished. I've owned and used this product for 1 year. The recording quality is amazing and the playback has two option which you can select from one at a time depending on what's needed for that recording Noise Cancellation and Voice Filter. I have not timed how long the battery life is while recording but it lasts at least more than 5 hours recording on High Definition. To recharge just follow the instructions and plug in to a USB port. In a few hours the battery is fully recharged. There is a battery life indicator on the screen. You can transfer files to and from your computer. It is a plus that you don't have to lose your recordings you can transfer them to your computer and archive them.
    Great! Small issue though. This is the EASIEST recorder I've used. Although it has a lot of features and a big menu tree compared to other recorders it's laid out in an easy to use fashion.ProsYou can change some options while the recorder is in use.Unlike most recorders you can select the noise cut off level for the low sound= pause recording feature that most recorders have already. This is handy because the acoustics of some classrooms are different.The USB built in is super handy. Right after a class I plug it in to my laptop and label the files.It's much thinner than most recorders I've had. The sony recorder which has a 1/4 of the features this one has is quite thick in comparison.It has a light up LED screen! This may not mean much but I check the times while recording and jot them down in my notes when something interesting is said. Sometimes a powerpoint is on and the lights are low in the room. With the light up screen I can check the times in the dark. My old sony recorder didn't have this feature and it was frustrating.Rechargeable battery via USB is badass. Having to make a trip to the store to buy 3 AAA batteries that come in packs of 2 or 6 leaves me hating life. This guy comes with 1 AAA that's rechargeable and lasts long enough.One of the best features is that you can adjust the fast forward and reverse 'skip' buttons. This is super critical. The sony recorder has a 5 second forward or back skip and that's it. If you have a 1 hour lecture of meeting to scan through well good luck with that. The Olympus has the option of changing either the FW or RW to 3 second 5 second 30 second 1 minute 2 min 3 min 5 min intervals! So you can skip big chunks of time with a couple of clicks and back track a few seconds at a time to get where you need to go! Not easy enough? This recorder allows you to set index marks even after you've already recorded.Not sure if anyone has noticed this feature but the Olympus allows you to drop in MP3 files for playback as music or whatever. Some other recorders will spit and vomit if it tries to play an MP3 that wasn't originally recorded on it. This guy plays them with no fuss or confusion.ConsThe only gripe I have is that you can select High to low quality settings in stereo or mono ONLY for WMA recording. The MP3 setting only records in HQ so you don't get a lot of room out of it and the battery drains faster. By the way you have to go to their website and download the update for the MP3 recording feature. I record in MP3 so I can sync some lectures to my ipod.
    Update9
    Does its job very well Use it to record music classes which are done over skype. It produces high quality 256 bits mp3 files. Charge through USB. Easy to use by kids with minimal training. Highly recommend for a portable mp3/wav file recorder.
    Chorale member I purchased this because a friend has one and is happy with his. I use it to tape our chorale practices. It does a good job. I did have trouble getting started with it and found the instructions a bit confusing and in very small print. Took me awhile to get it hooked to my IMac to charge it. Then I had to have a computer guy help me get it hooked up so I could listen to it through my computer. Also took a bit to get used to the fact that it would turn off after 5 minutes if I didn't push another button. The size and weight are wonderful.
    Problem with battery charging I have the same problems as other reviewers with the tiny lettering but don't think that can be helped on such a small recorder. Recording is good I love being able to set the title of each recording to something meaningful to me. And when I transfer the files to the Mac and play them the sound is good and loud.BUT I find that the recorder does not hold a charge AND takes hours to recharge. Yes I hold the Stop button down when inserting it into my Mac. But I have had to recharge it after not using it for a month and again after only two hours of recording. As I sit here it has been on recharge for two hours and is still going.


    With 4GB of internal memory and 1,088 hours of recording time, you’ll be able to capture notes, lectures, and more – and still have room to store documents..Extend recording time and save memory by setting the device to only record when the microphones sense sound..With the "USB Direct" design, it is easy to transfer your files to your PC. Just plug the recorder right into your computer for fast file transfer – no cables needed..Store and listen to up to 1,000 songs on the go. Have your music readily available wherever and whenever you are..Experience long battery life with the included rechargeable battery. When the recorder is plugged into the computer, it will recharge your battery.. Record meetings or notes and even store documents on this high-class storage device and remarkable music player. Easily transfer files with the USB input that lets you plug the WS-510M right into the computer for fast results. Up to 1,000 songs can be stored and played in impressive stereo sound, with track and artist name clearly displayed on the LCD.


    Related Products
    • Olympus ME-52W Noise Canceling Microphone An outstanding compact microphone My first reaction to this microphone was astonishment at is its small size. It's larger than most lapel microphones but that's because of the physical requirements for noisecancellation. Still it's very ...Read the full

    • Olympus ME-15 Microphone Good for lectures
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Olympus TP-7 Telephone pick up works almost flawlessly i needed to record a cell phone conversation and this was the absolute cheapest way to do it. the earpiece has a microphone on the opposite side that records what is being said by whomever you're talking to plus your ...Read the full

    • Olympus Premium Case - Case for digital voice recorder - black Really great case for the Sony ICDUX71 Digital Voice Recorder This case is really great for the Sony ICDUX71 Digital Voice Recorder essentially a perfect fit. Almost all of the recorder's functions are easily accessible while in the case. The case provides a good ...Read the full

    • Olympus ME-12 Noise Canceling Microphone Quick test I bought a couple of microphones looking to replace my Plantronics .Audio desktop microphone. Of them were the Koss M18 Logitech USB Desktop and this one.This Olympus was the cheapest of the 3. It's sensitivity is a little low. This helps with canceling ...Read the full

    • ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น