วันเสาร์ที่ 11 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Creative NOMAD Digital Audio Player A good player that is now dated


Survives Just About Anything!, BULLET PROOF. Get this, I was walking up the stairs at a store listening to tunes and it came unclipped and fell through the stairs down two flights and landed on a wood floor. Parts went everywhere, the screen shattered. I found all the buttons which went back on easily. I put a new battery in and IT WORKED and STILL WORKS!!! The one bad thing is the clip is weak......obviously.This is a great little unit. Nice screen size - the biggest I believe. Intuitive interface and sleek design.
Reliable . . ., The Nomad II is an MP3 player with voice recording capability. Internal memory capacity is 128MB, expandable up to 256MB as the unit accommodates smart media memory up to 128MB.

The thin, palm sized player is powered by a single AA battery. A fully charged 2000mAh NiMH battery provides power for around 6 hours. The display is readable, with a backlighting feature. The controls are reasonably convenient, and fairly sensitive. Located near the top of the unit are the volume controller and a switch to lock the controls. The unit produces an adequate volume level, with the headphone jack being located on the top of the unit. A set of low quality headphones is included, but you will experience better results when using better quality phones.

You can select random play, or repeat play a single track or all tracks. The DISP function button provides several preset equalization levels, with one customizable "user" setting available. The microphone is a tiny dot on the front of the unit, and the voice recorder does just an average job of recording conversations. The PlayCenter2 software is a little clunky for those accustomed to working with drag and drop, as the transfer speed is not especially swift.

Solid reliable performance and sturdy construction make this product an attractive buy if you are considering a product with this relatively low memory capacity.
A good player that is now dated, I first got the Creative NOMAD II in late 2000. At this time, this player was the best you could get back then. The NOMAD II came in two varieties. One model, the DAP-0001, had no memory built-in and the other model, the DAP-0002, had ether 32 MB or 64 MB of memory built in. I had the former. The NOMAD II had an FM radio, which depending on the area I lived in the radio was good or bad. Voice recording was also in the NOMAD II, but I never really used it. The only format support was MP3 (Microsoft's WMA format came in a later firmware upgrade). Nowadays, when one buys a flash memory based player like the NOMAD II, you can expect the player to have the built-in. The model I had did not. This meant I had to juggle multiple cards, which thinking it over now, defeats the purpose of an MP3 player. The type of card the player used was SmartMedia. While I don't have a problem with this card type, I feel Creative picked the wrong card type. When I was going to upgrade the memory, I found it difficult to find SmartMedia cards greater than 128 MB.
Does not work right, the player worked right for like 2 or 3 days then started to turn on and off by itself also would not turn on correctly.
Wow, Seller was very fast!! Player like new!! I love it, thank you.
keeps breaking!, I own a Nomad II 64 MP3 player and it has broken for a second time - the warranty was only 60 days, and shortly thereafter, it stopped working, so I had to send it back and have it repaired for [$$$] (on the phone you can only talk to customer service reps, not technicians, and none of them could ever tell me what happend or how to prevent it from happening again in the future). The repair came with another generous 60 day warranty. The repair lasted about a year, and now it is broken again (in a similar but different way) - and I have always been very careful with it and it has never been physically harmed. Now that it is broken a second time I don't see the need to put more money into it, only to have it break again.
Very surprised..., I was very surprised when I heard the soundquality
of this product, it is really amazing !
Everything works fine ! Haven't had any problems yet !
Especially normal batteries stay good for about 8 hrs,
which I think is very important, I have had a different
MP3 Player before which didn't last very long with normal batteries ! All together I am very happy that I purchased
this item !
So long.....
Wont have Any other player, I got my Nomad II (dap 0001) over 1 year and a half ago. It has completely changed my way of listening to Music. Its portable design makes it invisible in almost any setting, not to mention its light weight which is great for working out. I take my player with me everywhere I go. It has amazing sound quality and can take a good thrashing too. I have dropped it many times and it has kept on ticking until recently. I bought some 9$ head phones at Kmart to use with it and I kid you not it is like walking around with an invisible home stereo system on your head. crystal clear sound!!!! no listening unit can offer a more customized and personal experience. When I turn it off it remembers exactly where in any song I left off. if anyone else knows of a player that can do that for under 200$ please tell me. I love this feature. If I turn it off for an hour and pick it back up its like I never missed a beat in the song (literally). Sometimes the unit does some strange things but always bounces back. It can be difficult at times, but taking the battery out and putting it back in ususally does the trick. Voice recording feature is quite useful. Software user friendly, and it is so easy to use Iwas using it without even looking at it within 2 days of owning it. Now here is the bad part. mine just stopped working recently. It would not read the memory card and now I cant even get it to turn on. I am crushed.
Good until it broke, The unit broke a year after I bought it. I wouldn't buy another player from Creative Labs because it is too fragile. I only used the unit at the gym a few times a week. The first thing that broke was the wired remote, which I found to be very useful. The menu on the unit is easy enough to figure out, but rather slow to navigate. It takes several steps just to check the time. I liked the behind the head ear phones, they don't pinch my ears, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The ear phone sound quality is just average. I'd have to say the quality of the product as a whole is just average.
Nomad II is my heerooo :), well, taking this little machine with me everywhere i go sure passes the time by. And they sell them with onboard memory, so i suggest you get that kind. Then but a 128mb smart media memory card which will cost you less than [money]. I have 32mb of onboard and a 128mb card...total of 160mb of memory...i can fit like 75 songs in .wma format. It's a nifty little thing. Uhh, the headphones aren't all that great either :( so go get some better ones...they sound ok, just uncomfortable. other than that, you can get em [really inexpensive]... and memory, headphones only cost me... more... still a great buy. mp3 players are great...download the latest, greatest songs you like to listen to, then delete them when you get bored of them. Its great, no more wasted cd's of "Robs Mix" or whatever...

  • Built-in FM tuner stores up to 32 preset stations
  • USB connection offers faster transfer rates and ease of connectivity
  • Upgradable to support multiple digital-audio formats and future software extensions
  • Large icon-based LCD screen with backlight for easy viewing in any environment
  • 64 MB SmartMedia card allows hours of CD-quality audio or voice recordings

  • Built-in FM tuner stores up to 32 preset stations.USB connection offers faster transfer rates and ease of connectivity.Upgradable to support multiple digital-audio formats and future software extensions.Large icon-based LCD screen with backlight for easy viewing in any environment.64 MB SmartMedia card allows hours of CD-quality audio or voice recordings.This version ships with a 64 MB removable SmartMedia card, but we had mixed feelings about Creative's decision to rely solely on removable media. While it has its advantages, in the form of being able to swap out the kind of music you're listening to, we would have preferred 64 MB of onboard memory, with a SmartMedia expansion slot so we could increase the capacity even more if needed. Cons: No onboard memory Simple software could be more robust Navigating the LCD menu can be a pain The Nomad II's third--and most overlooked--feature is that of a digital voice recorder. As voice recordings aren't the memory hogs that music files are, the Nomad II can record up to four hours' worth. This feature is perfect for dictating messages to yourself or for the fledging journalist recording interviews. The Nomad II Manager software even allows users to upload voice files from the Nomad II to your PC. MP3 music--like everything else technology related--is in a constant state of flux. To that end, the Nomad II ships with reprogrammable firmware that should enable it to support future digital-audio formats and software extensions as they emerge. So, hopefully, you'll be enjoying your Nomad II for years to come. --William O'Neal MP3 players are great for music lovers on the go. Because they have no moving parts, they're well known for skip-free music. To test the Nomad II, we loaded it up with some hip-hop and headed down to the local BMX spot in San Francisco.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น