วันอังคารที่ 14 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Polaroid Player PMP430 4 Playback Screen Cheap, but it does the job


Cheap, but it does the job, I got it for Christmas from my Secret Santa. I asked for it primarily because evidently I amongst my friends and family am the only one still stuck in the CD age. Not wanting to bust the bank on my Secret Santa, I saw this at a well known close-out store (!) here in southern Cali and thought hey, this would be a perfect fit to somewhat move into the current age of technology (Now, to be blunt I'm sure there are a multitude of better players out there, again, being that I wanted something simple yet something stylish this worked well for me) Anyway this definitely couldn't compare to any current top of the line mp3/4 players out there but I can say that it does do the job for the most part. With a good pair of ear phones (I agree with the other reviewer about the cheap wanna-be earplugs that came with it, Polaroid must have overstocked on them and figured they'd just drop them in the box as a gum-ball machine bonus) the sound is pretty good. I didn't have any problems charging it from my PC. I have a car charger with the same connection for my GPS so it works out for me very well. I did have to buy ... gasp... a cassette adapter! Since I drive a car from the year 2000 that has a dual cassette/CD player. Even with the adapter the sound is fine. There is a feature on the player that will allow you to boost the sound so you can probably play with it to if you so desire to get optimal sound to your liking. Overall it looks like a slightly wider smart phone. It does have a slot of a mini SD memory card so you can definitely add some major music. The touch screen seems more fitting for a stylus than a touch as I've realized a tap rather than a touch worked better, so another little quark on this little cheap-ee player but I can live with it. Also the camera is a measly novelty of sorts, without any light the camera is worthless, didn't really a care about this feature but I guess if you buy it for an young aged elementary school kid without busting the bank, it will suite just fine. There's also a sound recorder, again, this just seems to be no more than a nice novelty and should be regarded as that as well.

Now, here comes the part that I do take issue with, as it would seem that the loading process is a bit finicky, since I use my Personal Computer's Windows Media player I found this particularly challenging. It would be nice to just drag, drop and load, but I've had to tinker with it for the last couple of days to get the hang of it. The issue when loading is that it will automatically generate a folder within a folder when I sync any mixes from my PC's Windows Media Player (WMP) play list.
Not bad, not great, I bought one like this for my daughter (this one has a camera that shoots around 480mp) at a local store during a Black Friday sale for $50. My main criticism is that the touch screen is slow and unresponsive at times and takes a long time to load your selection. That being said, it's not bad for the money. Since I just bought it I don't know how long it will last. It's pretty simple to drag & drop files from your home computer to it via USB cable. I like that fact that I can load video on it, since it's easier to carry than a portable DVD player and has more features. Not sure if this is the same model but the one I bought has expandable SD memory.
No good . pl don't buy, Polaroid customer care is the worst and as well their electronics. Bought their mp3 350 paying $45 and worked only for 3-4 mos and is toatlly dead now. For a month I have been trying to get their customer support help, but of no use. they don't even reply or return your call.
not bad but cheap, Lot of models out there that are practically the same. The Polaroid website shows nothing about this product at all, not even listed on their website as something they offer. Very cheap and probably the market its shooting for especially with all the high end sony and apple models out there. Its a jack of all trades master of none, headphones were the worst that ever came with a media product, touch screen can be unresponsive at times, only charges the battery through your computer not an ac adapter, takes forever to charge the battery, camera is from 2004, external speakers not bad. Its not nearly worth what they are asking for, got it for 50% off from a local store 40 bucks which was a reasonable price for what it offers. Its not heavy but kinda bulky for an mp3 player. I think Polaroid is already out of the mp3 market so dont expect any support. But if is shows up your weekly mailbox ads for a fire sale price I would definitely pick it up.

  • Display Size: 4.3"
  • MP3 Player Features: Built-In Speakers, Voice Control, MicroSD Media Card Slot, Touch Screen
  • Screen Resolution: 160 X 120
  • Display Features: LCD Display
  • Built-In Memory Storage Capacity: 4GB

  • Display Size: 4.3".MP3 Player Features: Built-In Speakers, Voice Control, MicroSD Media Card Slot, Touch Screen.Screen Resolution: 160 X 120.Display Features: LCD Display.Built-In Memory Storage Capacity: 4GB. Mp3 Player Features: Built-in Speakers, Voice Control, Microsd Media Card Slot, Touch Screen. Built-in Memory Storage Capacity: 4gb. Display Features: Lcd Display. Display Size: 4.3. File Formats Supported: Avi.

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น